Do you know a child who is struggling with learning or with attention and concentration?
Is the child experiencing difficulties with learning or academic tasks despite the potential to do well?
Is the child experiencing difficulties with starting or completing work, maintaining focus, attending to details, or completing time-limited tasks?
Is testing needed for school admissions, educational planning (e.g., transition, 504 Plan, IEP) or to receive accommodations at college?
Compass Educational Services offers individualized approaches to address the unique learning needs of students with a wide range of abilities and educational goals. Our goal is to help parents make informed decisions about their child’s education as they navigate the educational system. We provide:
- Assessment and identification of learning disorders (dyslexia, language learning differences, attention deficit).
- Admissions testing for independent or private schools.
- Educational evaluations to identify a child’s academic strengths and challenges.
- Psychoeducational evaluations to determine strengths and weaknesses of cognitive processing (reasoning, memory, visual/auditory processing, fluency) along with the strengths and weaknesses in basic academic skills, fluency, and problem solving.
- Comprehensive report of a child’s unique learning profile.
- Personalized recommendations for academic activities for home or school to:
- Improve student learning
- Provide enrichment or
- Help prepare a child for standardized tests (e.g., SAT, ACT) or school entrance/admission exams (e.g., ISEE, SSAT).
- Updated testing for accommodations for standardized tests or for college.
- Administration of interest inventories and skill assessments to help a child identify career possibilities.
Here is a link to a one-page flyer that outlines our services:
Compass Educational Services, LLC
11047 Racetrack Road, Ocean Pines, MD 21811
Dr. Patricia O’Malley (c) 410-274-2042